HUG Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HUG Clan

JUST SHOOT IT!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS

Go down 
2 posters

Does this help? Meaning you got another one of our servers up?
Yes?
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Vote_lcap100%IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No?! (if this plz contact me lol)
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Vote_lcap0%IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
|HUG|RadioP90
News Moderator
News Moderator
|HUG|RadioP90

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS   IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 pm

here is exactly how to run your own server and all. .

I HAVE UPDATED IT

First off you need: COD4 - Good Internet - Opened Ports - Time to keep it up

First off before any of this make sure that you have open ports. . . easy go to Portforward.com get their port checker and try these ports : 28960 - 20810 - 20800 THOSE ports you need opened mkay but after u check with the portforward port checker to see if their open go to the next step

Step 2: If your ports are blocked, then go threw port forwards step by step port openener here is my shorter version: go to ur internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 or sumthing like that if ur using a ROUTER if not then ur ports shud be open well after going there a window appears and says Username\password required.... type Admin in the password... leave username blank and hit enter.... then go to the Applications\gaming tab or sumthing then ull see several boxes one is name ull name it COD4 then for the port range type i nthe 28960 to 28960 then make the next thing over to say BOTH then in the 192.168.1.xxx this is your LAN adress to figure this out open the portfroward port checker again and see the adress it displays at top.... copy this over then click apply changes or w\e then go back to the port checker if its open then u can host if not contact me plz i have had many problems and figured this out lol

Step 2: If your ports are open then good job your prolly not behind a super tuff firewall and router lol continue

Step 3: Open your COD4 game.... then Start New Server choose ur options.... BUT MAKE IT DEDICATED TO THE INTERNET!! make the max ping 0 and the min ping 0 this will let any1 join TURN OFF PUNKBUSTER OR U WILL HAVE PPL KICKED RANDOMLY then select start server or w\e

Step 4: After you create ur screen shrinks there is a box ull see called counsel DO NOT CLOSE EVER!!!!!!! this is the server lol type in set rcon_password (what u can remember) this allows ingame counsel access DO NOT worry about the commands for this yet, we will talk about them later on. . .

Step 5: Step 5: Mkay now if your counsel is running and all that means ur server is up and that now to check to make sure its actually up and going you will OPEN another COD4 game thingy let this load then go to Join Game then where it says Internet\LAN\Favoirites i want u to go to LAN which is Local Area Network.... ur game shud be in there if you see 2 of ur games names then save them both to your favorites or just add the 1 then after u added it to favorites go find it check SERVER INFO usally ur IP shud have the 28960 or 208960 at the end of the IP adress. Then after you added to favorites and checked the last digit of the 208960 or 28960 is not 1 but a 0

Step 6: You then need to check to see if others can join . . . to do so go to the Internet selection where u can select lan\internet\favorites (IF YOU ARE LOST .... WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE COUNSEL RUNNING IN BACKGROUND AND U HAVE OPENED THE 2nd COD4 game thingy lol) after going to internet click Search and make sure ur filters are turned off to to show empty servers and that then search BY NAME for your server if you see it then good join it thats ur server IF U DONT SEE IT UNDER INTERNET then plz go and read a few steps back there are multipule reasons it may not be working. . . . IF THIS DOES NOT HELP PLZ PLZ PLZ contact me tell me EXACTLY wat is going on i can figure this out asap. . .

Step 7: Your server is up! Gratz! now here is the in game consel controls. . . .

Mkay to open ur in game counsel hit the ` or Astrix key above the TAB key if ur counsel is enabled for COD4 a box shud appear at top of screen... then u HAVE to log in to get access to edit or talk on ur game . . . so type in /rcon login (the password u set in step 4) then hit enter the box will dissapear to test if it worked hit the ` key again and type in /rcon say (sumthing like test) then if in the chat sumthing like: Counsel: Test appears then you did it correctly and your logged in if not then u messed up on the password or u didnt set a password or u mistype the /rcon say

always use a / and rcon after it like this ----> /rcon then u add commands like this ---> /rcon say then u tell wat that command to do like this ----> /rcon say HI!

FOR THE ADVANCE Rcon settings like a message appearing every so many seconds u will need AGrcon go google it or sumthing or ask me for the file ill gladly send it

WELL THAT IS ALL THAT I NO for basic set up ANY PROBLEM COMMENTS OR CONCERNS PLZ CONTACT ME all info is 100% sure to work

Last edited by |HUG|RadioP90 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Final Patch in effect this is 100% correct)
Back to top Go down
|HUG|RadioP90
News Moderator
News Moderator
|HUG|RadioP90

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS   IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm

ALSO!!!! ON THE PORT FORWARD PORT CHECK U MUST CONTACT ME ON A INSTANT MESSENGER OR XFIRE AND ILL SEND THE FILE OVER FOR THE PORT CHECKER ITS 100% ACURATE its best out there and safest
Back to top Go down
|HUG| Mathieu
News Moderator
News Moderator
|HUG| Mathieu

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS   IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:49 pm

wow you are smart lol!
Back to top Go down
|HUG|RadioP90
News Moderator
News Moderator
|HUG|RadioP90

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS   IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 pm

ye well jive will prolly tell ya or i will tell ya guys this sunday but ill let yall keep this forum so u can make ur own servers may DUA be a helper in HUG =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS   IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ FOR ALL MEMBERS
Page 1 of 1